Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Masacre at the farm..only one survivor. , 1 by mcamden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mcamden

In reply to: Masacre at the farm..only one survivor.

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Masacre at the farm..only one survivor.
mcamden wrote:
Oh my...so we went to check our live traps this morning, and I found an interesting site. The 'thing' that took our chickens and duck came back! It created a new burrow just a few inches from the original one. Last night was the first night since the masacre that we didnt have live traps around the coop...I moved them since we were doing all of the renovations, and completed the house. Thanks God our one remaining chicken was still being kept in the gargage at night, because none of our 5 live traps had been triggered! The 'thing' that burrowed tunneled in to the bottom of the fence again (we havent finished securing that side yet). And it actually came in and up to the back side of a live trap we had burried. So...what is it? I still say a fox!

It has also rained last night before we set the live traps, so the ground was muddy. Even with that...still we did not find a single foot print!

Since we dont think whatever it is is stupid enough to go into a trap...we are trying to think of other ways to catch this thing. Any ideas?