Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Photo thread two. It's peak season, share your pictures:, 1 by pajaritomt

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pajaritomt

In reply to: Photo thread two. It's peak season, share your pictures:

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Photo thread two.  It's peak season, share your pictures:
pajaritomt wrote:
Here is hydrangea Endless Summer. I bought it this spring by mail order and it arrived with lots of roots but looking totally dead. Almost no green showing. I planted it and babied it with extra water and coffee grounds and here it is now. It is about 1 ft. tall and 14 inches wide and is blooming.
I am very pleased that it is doing anything, but apparently the people on the hydrangea forum, at least some of them, thing Endless Summer is a disappointment nation wide.
I was thrilled that it bloomed because I planted a hydrangea Penny Mac last year when I first heard they could grow here. It is about 2 feet tall and is growing nicely, but no flowers yet. I understand they need at least a little sun. That may explain my Penny Mac problem. It is in almost total shade right next to musa basjoo as a matter of fact.
Anyhow, Endless Summer has yet to pass a winter here -- which could be telling, but it is a success so far.
Thanks to all of you for telling me that some hydrangeas grow here.