Photo by Melody

Rural Gardening: Masacre at the farm..only one survivor. , 1 by mcamden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mcamden

In reply to: Masacre at the farm..only one survivor.

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Masacre at the farm..only one survivor.
mcamden wrote:
Yeah...I am too close to Omaha I think! I went to all the local places when we went to find traps, but there were ZERO postings! I put an add on Craigslist here, and I had one reply..but she wanted $10 a chick! I laughed and said...how many eggs does it lay a day?

Must have been one of the 'special' chickens that puts out a dozen a day. :) Good news is that my orange hen just clucked! It was her first cluck since the event, and I was SO releaved to hear it! She is also turning from the visious hen that made us want to eat her...to almost kind of friendly.

On another good note...our neighbor gave us a one day old mascovy duckling (I think thats how it is spelled). His little boys watched as the eggs hatched then told their dad that they should bring me one because my Sam was eaten. I nearly cried as it was so darn cute of them to offer. I took a duckling...even though I was worried about raising one alone. My other duck and chicks all grew up together and were fine...but I am worried that this one will be depressed...or not know what another duck or chicken is later. Should I be concerned about this? Or am I just being silly? I attached a picture of the little bugar. :)