Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: Hanging bird bath blowing in the wind, 1 by Lady_Eagle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lady_Eagle

Subject: Hanging bird bath blowing in the wind

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hanging bird bath blowing in the wind
Lady_Eagle wrote:
Maybe this is why ground bird baths are more popular choices? LOL

I bought this simple hanging bird bath (it looks like one of those pet waterbowls, doesn't it?) to hang beside my feeder on the shepherd's hook. I wanted to buy a more expensive, cobblestone hanging bath, but I figured this would be a good test for a hanging bird bath vs a ground one. My ground one broke, and I really like the looks of the hanging baths. Plus, it's easier to see the birds from inside the living room!

The birds seem to like the hanging bath better than my old pedestal one, maybe because they like being up higher? I put a rock in the bowl today because I haven't seen anyone take a bath, just drink from the edge. The rock will provide a better surface to stand on.

But, despite the bottle being pretty full last night, it was windy and I woke up to a bone dry bath! The birds weren't happy, and I hurried to refill it. It's been very windy here, and almost all the water sloshed out within half an hour! I filled it again, and thankfully the wind has died down. So the birds will have water at least for awhile.

I think I'll be buying a pedestal bird bath ASAP! Just thought I'd share.