Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Photo thread two. It's peak season, share your pictures:, 1 by ineedacupoftea

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ineedacupoftea

In reply to: Photo thread two. It's peak season, share your pictures:

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Photo thread two.  It's peak season, share your pictures:
ineedacupoftea wrote:
Geez, glorious pictures.
I haven’t had much time for computers when the sun is so invitingly shining, but I figured I had at least look at this thread.

(Steve: You could have expected any sculptor who knew what he was doing to use a variety of chisels and mallets/hammers. They would start with the biggest and work their way down until they were using tiny things. The business ends of the chisels have a variety of flavours. Grain in marble is not as fussy as grains in wood to the carver. Perpendicular blows are now quite as tedious as ones that might follow the “grain” and find a weak spot. But the grand carvers of old were probably pretty darn good at sonding out such problems before they got there: by tapping a chisel and listening to the sound of the stone. I admire stone sculptors and feel quite humbled watching the way the work, but I’m stuck on pottery and dream about glazes at night!)

Katye: Glad ‘Chantal’ is breathtaking. You grow everything so well.

MtnMama- your garden is great! I love the cottage garden look of plants all shoulder-to-shoulder. They look like they are just so happy to be there. And thanks for the info on Cherry bells.

Donna- I wish I could solve your Guinea hen problem and adopt a handful of them!

That red pea is great, Florae. The only varieties that grow down here in the hot summers are the perennials (pale, unfragrant, and therefore not totally worth growing) and one called ‘Matucana’ which is making its start in my garden.

Paja, how is that Banana?

Zantedeschia ‘Mango.’ These poor things just don’t like the heat.