Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Wildlife: Watch what ya wish for.... LOL, 1 by starlight1153

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright starlight1153

Subject: Watch what ya wish for.... LOL

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Watch what ya wish for.... LOL
starlight1153 wrote:
A few weeks ago, I had a box turtle momma and baby show up in my yard. I was discussing it with some friends and we were talking about other critters and oen friend talked about how she has a critter in her yard that keeps digging up her Daylily beds. I jokingly told her to send it my way.

Well, I guess she took me at my word cuz this is what happene d to me yesterday. ........

I had wearing gloves when gardening and had spent the day before weeding nut sedge and oak and hickory seedlings and beery bush runners out of my beds. By the time I got half way through I had manage d to get some nasty blisters. Then was having computer problems, so...

I thought ok I'll go do the second half of the beds and finish them up blister and all, this time arme d with bandaid and gloves. Weedling a bear sometimes but once starte d I enjoy it and the peace and quiet

I steppe d out side and the humidity was unbearable. Ya couldn't breath, so I said the heck with the weeding til it cools down some and headed to check the hummer feeder. I turn around and right in front of my face is one of my hummers. I froze it froze. Shock number one. Never been a few inche s from one for several seconds like that. Decide d to get away from there and let them have some peace to eat.

Over to one of my areas where I got soem newly transplante d seedlings in trays sittign and down I pearche d my "tail" onto a milk crate to watch the hummers feed from a distance. All of a sudden I heard this giant rustle and thought great the neighbor cat headign into my hoop house to try and eat the lizards again. I dash between my two hoops to the back and look around. No sign of a cat. race back to the front and into the hoop house expectign to find a cat.

I froze. My mind went blank. I was in shock. My eye's couldn't believe what they were seeign at first. I literally freaked. I go tryign to race back into the hous e to get the camera. Tripping over pots and pallets and my feet tryign to get inside the trailer and get back outside. The whole time thinking my friend did it.. She really did it.

I tripped over myself trying to get back out there and race into the hoop house, tryign to get camera on at same time. I was like oh no... please.. please... just a few shots. Camera said " Low Batteries" aggggggggg. Back into the hoop house I race and it was gone. Looke d all aroudn and said fudge and thought well maybe it went back out the backdoor. I start between the two houses again to the back and froze for the second time. I almost stepped on it.
I was shakign so bad this is the first pic that I got off