Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Yet more zinnias, 1 by David_Paul

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright David_Paul

In reply to: Yet more zinnias

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yet more zinnias
David_Paul wrote:
Bigcityal...very nice cosmos. Read they reseed easily (too easily in some cases I guess). But I couldn't start them from seed. Got a discount package of tall white cosmos I was going to put behind the purple zinnias but only 2 of 48 seed germinated. Think it was just old seed? The two plants I have are weak. Seems if they come up from the dirt, they should be OK on a store shelf for a year. Had the zinnias in the same tray so I don't think it was the potting mix or temp. Any ideas?

tabasco...I don't know what tetras are!...LOL...I'm new at this. Don't recall seeing that on the pack of Burpee's Purple Prince. As I mentioned, about one in five blossoms looks something like a Dahlia. Is that a "tetra"?

BDale...here is the same border last year with Asters. I was cutting the lawn a little better then I see.We don't see this border very well from inside the house. I plant it mainly for the neighbors and traffic going into town (we're on the main street). Thinking of putting in something new every year Any suggestions? Need something which stands out from 100 feet or more away and blooms a long time.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2007 4:23 AM