Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Photo thread two. It's peak season, share your pictures:, 1 by rutholive

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rutholive

In reply to: Photo thread two. It's peak season, share your pictures:

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Photo thread two.  It's peak season, share your pictures:
rutholive wrote:
Soferdig, actually I tried to extract all the moisture but was unsuccessful. We didn't get any rain until about 2:00 am this morning. Then at about 6:00 I could see a black cloud to the south, not the terrible smoke we have had. Then heard the Thunder. There was quite a lot of T & L and thankgoodness rain. Rained really hard for a bit along with the wind. Everything is beautifully wet now and still sprinkling a little.

After I found the guinea hens nest, with Blues help, ( she got too close and they really gave her a scolding). So when I set the sprinkler there last evening I was careful to keep the water away from the nest area. Actually I had decided that 2 guineas are all my garden can support, so now I don't know what to do. There are 28 eggs in the nest and she is setting on it at least part of the time. But maybe since this is the hens first attempt to set she will not be successful.

Donna