Wildlife: baby Florida Box Turtle, 1 by IrisLover79

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright IrisLover79

In reply to: baby Florida Box Turtle

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of baby Florida Box Turtle
IrisLover79 wrote:
Oh my gosh, that webpage is so cute, melvatoo! His expressions are hilarious! I think Prince will be okay, too - whether he's in the wild or living with a turtle thief! My dad's friend has a box turtle that lives loose in their house. He comes and stares at the fridge when he's hungry, too! I never heard of letting turtles roam around free in the house. Weren't you afraid of stepping on him?

I think Speedy will be okay. Like I said, he was in a big tank, but he had gotten pretty big himself. He couldn't turn around in there very well. When we let him go, he swam right to the bottom of the lake. Then I called his name and he came back up and peeked out of the water. Then he swam away and we could tell he was happy, cause he had a HUGE lake to swim in! He was swimming all around and wiggling his little legs like crazy, LOL! So, that makes me feel a bit better. I just worry about him finding food, cause he was kinda stupid, LOL! But there are more than enough fish and plants for him to eat. I wonder if I went back to the lake and called his name if he'd come up again? It hasn't even been a month since we let him go.

Here's a pic of Speedy smiling.

~Kris