Photo by Melody

Wildlife: Heidi: Now Where The Heck Are Those Kids?, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi: Now Where The Heck Are Those Kids?

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi: Now Where The Heck Are Those Kids?
DreamOfSpring wrote:
At some point while Heidi and Juliet were both there eating peacefully, someone came down the fence. I was looking down at either the food or the camera so all I saw was a dark shape drop from the fence post. Instantly, and with blinding speed, Juliet ran after the intruder. The two of them headed toward the area behind the veggie patch. I couldn't see any of what happened next, but I could certainly hear it. They had one heck of a knock-down, drag out, butt kicking battle down there. It sounded like a really bad cat fight and it went on and on and on - and, no, they weren't "flirting". Just as with the last big fight, after a time Heidi stopped her meal to go down there apparently to break it up. I couldn't see a lot in the dark, but as soon as Heidi went over there the brawl ended, and Heidi came back to finish her meal. I never found out who Juliet was fighting with but I suspect that it was probably Fraidy or Sugar.

Before the fight and before Heidi returned for her 2nd meal, Juliet was there eating alone. I took advantage of that opportunity to share some grapes with her. After all, she will have some babies to bring around, too, so I might as well make friends. Before I got out the grapes she was hiding in the dark behind the compost. I tossed a grape over beside her and then another one a foot closer and then closer and ...pretty soon she was over there by me. She's a sucker for the grapes.

I call this photo, "Hey, could you cut it out with the flashing lights already?!"