Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: AHHHHH... it's finally starting.. What A Joy, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: AHHHHH... it's finally starting.. What A Joy

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of AHHHHH... it's  finally  starting..   What  A Joy
GordonHawk wrote:
OK Terry..
i'll look about for you.. what a good reason to visit the high end nurseries again.. If I could only remember which one... I'LL JUST HAVE TO REVISIT ALL OF MY SPRINGTIME HAUNTS..
just before I posted the picture I went looking for it's name... but didn't find it's card.. might be somwhere out there though.. maybe it doesn't do the heat real well is the reason you don;t seee it there... I do know it does like the sun though.. last year it was in a shadier spot and didn't do well at all.. SO in tryng it again.. I gave it my best full sun location.. where it gets sun from 5 AM to 8 PM.. and it has piles of buds now... that had one bud that opened up... I'm awaiting a cluster of maybe 5 buds together to open... I bet it's a pile of doubles the size of a basketball.. when they do flower..I think it was about a $50 item.. in a big pot...standing about 6' tall... when their vines were unwrapped from the silly trellises they wrap them about..
I'll let you know iif I do recover the name... and if I find one it's yours..[ and I'll surely go out to look..] ..get ready.....get a spot cleared for it..
as far as a trade goes...MMMMM oh the Brugs with the 2' long flowers sound great ... but I'm about bruged out now... with perhaps three dozen up and comming.. and a dozen around the edge as it is... and the plumeria are so out of hand here... I can't even get the last few up and through the hatch to the roof garden as it is... and there are a few dozen that have made it to the garden as it is.. my only hope is getting a fungus that eatsss plants.. or a big bag of catapillars.. Gordon
OH..Phil.. the garden is great.. even if a bit overplanted.. but it does prolong the bloom of an area... Pictured here is a climbing rose.. New Dawn.. and old timmey one.. with a lovely big flush of blush pink roses in the spring ... here it is in it's latest flush of blooms...94 by actual count.. and red.. inter species genetic splicing .. no not yet.. it's a single bee balm planted in the planter above it.. and growing through.. in a few weeks the garden will be really kicked into gear here.. we're behind you down there... but will catch up soon,,,Thanks Gordon

This message was edited Jun 30, 2007 8:43 AM