Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Enjoying your Saturday? and an interesting book, 1 by sallyg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sallyg

Subject: Enjoying your Saturday? and an interesting book

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Enjoying your Saturday?  and an interesting book
sallyg wrote:
Another thread is getting long. Thought I'd just start anew.
Ruby wants everyone to enjoy Saturday! Thanks Ruby; hope you are, it's not so stinkin' hot! I moved some things in the garden yesterday with the clouds and cooler temp.

I'll be taking off this morning for an overn ight camp with my 16 yr old and his buddies and a youth group, or something. based on buddy's church. He's very vague on details. LOL. To Rocky Gap. Worst case, I'll escape to a hotel and or fast food. I like to camp but don't know this group well so don't know what to expect as far as meal plan.... I am appreciative that my son still suggests I go with him. I think he cares! not just to haul the tent...

Then haul as-paragus back here tomorrow and have Mom down for dinner. Her birthday is Thurs but she is supposed to start chemo this week (has CLL) and I don't think she'll be up to running around. The Bactrim, acyclovir or diflucan really upset her stomach on Thurs so she didn't start then. Try again Monday being more careful to space pills and drink/eat with them.

A very interesting book (to me ) "Spook' by Mary Roach. She delves into reasearch done to prove and disprove 'spirits " , ghost hunters, Indian belief on souls going to another person....... She is a hilarious writer. You will laugh.

Maybe some kind of bud forming on prickly pear pad? anyway, all still green and plump so looking good.