Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Eremurus bungei - Foxtail Lily, 1 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: Eremurus bungei - Foxtail Lily

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Eremurus bungei - Foxtail Lily
Illoquin wrote:
Marie,

Would you be happy with regular Foxtail Lily? (I don't know the full Latin name, just that it's an Eremurus) Brent & Becky's has them and I've had good luck with the hybrids from Idaho. Shelbourne? Sheffield? Somehting like that bred by Ken somebody in Idaho)

I stumbled on their need for GREAT winter drainage by forgetting to plant them and leaving them on top of the soil. They rooted and it was close to our first frost, so I just threw some ultra-mulched leaves on top of them instead of planting them.

The Idaho hybrid Eremurus are about 48-50 inches tall for the yellow (looks like the pic above) and the burnt orange ones are about 60 inches tall. (For me) Those are the only 2 colors that I received, though the photo also shows a pinkish one. MOST of my order was comprised of yellow ones. The burnt orange one was a victim of Mr. Clean's lawnmower and I no longer have it. This photo was from une 10, 2007.

FWIW,
Suzy