Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

European Gardening: summer at last!!!, 1 by sueone

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sueone

Subject: summer at last!!!

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of summer at last!!!
sueone wrote:
Well, can't complain about the weather this week, apart from the fact that I forgot how quickly my soil dries out!
I've just been for a stroll round my garden, and even if I say so myself,( I have to do that 'cos no one else strolls arouind it)it's looking good, especially in this light, some of the plants seem to glow in the evening, especially the evening primroses and mulleins. I came back in to get the camera to do some photos, only to find Hubby's taken with him.I'd love to go on a photography course as I find it quite hard to capture the depth of the garden, I'm sure there's loads of techniques that they use.
Life has been a lot easier this year with all our pots and baskets on an automatic watering system,best birthday pressie ever.Saves me so much time,aand will be a godsend when I go on hol next week. What I do have to do is try to get rid of some of plants that are in the pots on my side drive, they can take quite a while to water, even though we have two sprinklers on them, it doesn't reach them all,and I don't thibk my sister will be too chuffed if she has to keep watering them all.only thing hubby needs to repair before we go ,is the pump in the pond. Poor fish were gasping today, so I put the hose pipe splashing on it for a while. Some idiot (probably me! )cut through the electric lead to it in the pond,for the second time too !! But, I'm denying all knowledge.LOL.
It's been so nice just sitting in the garden,sipping cold drinks, reading mags, utter heaven.I'm going to make the most of it as the school breaks up tomorrow, and the rest of the hols will probably be a garden full of screaming ,manic kids, demanding lollies and crisps.Hope everyone else has had a good week too,