Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Any blooms yet on your WS seedlings?, 1 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: Any blooms yet on your WS seedlings?

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Any blooms yet on your WS seedlings?
Illoquin wrote:
Once again, there are pros and cons...I think it takes a lot longer to plant the teeny tiny babies because you have to be so careful! I mean they are really, really small. You have to be so careful getting them out of the jug, much less planting them in the ground. You have to site them perfectly, and make sure they are watered right away. When I talk about siting them, I mean that you have to take into account their eventual size. I have an entire drift of electric blue perennial blue delphinium that was totally swallowed by Calendula never to be seen again.

The Linaria I had looked so good, but it flopped like crazy and is now hugging the ground (of course it's also nearly covered up by other things). I like it because it bloomed so early. Here is my photo of when it looked good. They were clump transplanted and this is 1/4 the jug. I was getting desperate to get them inthe ground and get my patio cleaned up. The photo was from May 17th.

Suzy