Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Back from Vacation, Outer Banks, 1 by ladygardener1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladygardener1

Subject: Back from Vacation, Outer Banks

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Back from Vacation, Outer Banks
ladygardener1 wrote:
Hi everyone! Sorry I missed the swap but I have enjoyed reading posts and viewing pictures.

As Ruby may have told you all, our Meet and Eat was a wash! Car trouble had us in Morgantown VW for 8 hours, we did not get into Williamsburg till midnight. (We make it a habit of not driving in unfamiliar areas at night) so we were thankful to get to our destination where our daughter was meeting us.
Next day we went to Bush Gardens for the day and Yes! I did ride the Griffin what a coaster the men folk backed out so DD and I took the dive: 90º straight down. We all had a good time.

The next morning shopped the Pottery Factory and then on to the Outer banks. We enjoyed good weather, good food and good company, the others rented a kayak and paddled in the ocean, Hubby and one of the boys flew kites. I enjoyed walking the beach and picking up whatever I could find, horseshoe crab shell, starfish, beach glass and shells.

We left Sunday and drove stright home, the yard needed mowed, and some of my new plants were in bloom, I have been weeding, and getting thing into shape since we got back. It's nice to go away but sweeter getting back home.

Chris