Photo by Melody
Announcements
The Pixel County Fair is now open for entries! You have until September 11th to upload your crafts, animals and gardens HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Hollys House, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Hollys House

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hollys House
HollyAnnS wrote:
Hart, the bed is about 4 ft wide and it is dry, both because of being raised and second the wide overhang on the house keeps a lot of the rain off the area . Only the front half the the bed gets wet naturally. I don't think I would want a climbing rose there I just planted 5 of them on the split rail fence out front. But that is exactly why I asked, I wouldn't have even thought of putting one there. I'm sure I will get some good suggestions that I haven't even thought about.
Here is a shot from across the yard. I wasn't joking when I told Wrightie that I had mowed weeds for a front lawn. You can just see the barn roof in the background. The bed with the lamppost and Clematis will be dug up and reworked this year. That large Norway Spruce to the right was a gift from Ric when we were dating. It was only about 2 ft tall at the time. The way to a girls heart give her trees. LOL