Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Do you have to be in the Tropics to be Tropical?, 1 by MaryandLance

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaryandLance

In reply to: Do you have to be in the Tropics to be Tropical?

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Do you have to be in the Tropics to be Tropical?
MaryandLance wrote:
I am so irritable! So so hot (mid 90's), My yard (personal oasis) is a disaster and I can't do anything about now. And if that were'nt enought my dog died!
Looking on the brighter side.... I can't stand the cold, My pool is being plastered today, which means that water will so be in it and the contractors will be gone. (The picture was taken just a few minutes ago). And Opie the Terrior was old and is now digging in heaven's garden.
This forum has been so helpful to me the last few weeks, not being able to get my hands dirty has been really hard. (after all the only digging I've done was to bury and old freind).
I should be happy though, of the 20+ plants that I dug up and put in to pots or relocated to other areas safe from the pool construction only the Passion vine seems to have been lost (big surpise, could'nt kill it if I had been trying). I have planned and replanned the perfect soon to be new landscape. I have to stayway from the garden centers because the temptation to buy now is to great. (its to hot to plant now, and the Hibiscus go on sale in August)
Carol... You are so right on both points, but I am sure you can understand how hard it is for me to feel tropical right now. And there is now room in my plans for Hydrangeas (pretty, but not tropical).
Pepper... I have one of those old pumps in storage. No plans for it so if the postage won't kill you, I would take a resonable offer.
Ronnie... What type of palm is that in your yard and what zone are you in. Looks great
Lance