Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Top 10 favorites, 1 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: Top 10 favorites

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Top 10 favorites
Illoquin wrote:
This is my first year with a load of annuals and I am enjoying reading the posts.... I don't have a Top 10, but have some comments and questions.

Al, What do you do with all those pots?

Tabasco, Same here! HOW do people get all these annuals blooming by seed in time to have flowers? I had flats and flats and flats I started indoors under lights...no problem. But the wintersowed ones were just so tiny and the garden center 6 packs were so big and blooming....yes, I bought lots and lots, even tho I had the same things here in seedlings.

Dmac, I love the magenta and gold Linaria, too. (photot below) I am so happy I bought the seed. Am happy I sowed every one of the 100 seeds in the pack, but most of all, I am so happy I only broke the milkjug seedlings into 4 pieces, because if I had planted them at the suggested 4-6 inches apart, I don't think I'd even SEE them in the garden!

Right now the electric blue Larkspur should be blooming, I had at least 50 or more of them, but I think they got eaten by the humongous calendulas...not sure what happened to it, but it is nowhere to be found and I honestly forgot where Iplanted it because i had sooo many little WS seedlings, I was just planting them by the dozen to get them in the ground and get my patio back. I had visions of it blooming with the poppies.

Suzy