Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Help does anyone know of an evergreen ground cover that...., 1 by cocoajuno

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cocoajuno

In reply to: Help does anyone know of an evergreen ground cover that....

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help does anyone know of an evergreen ground cover that....
cocoajuno wrote:
Wow Redtootsiepop that is a beautiful color of purple, what variety is it? I would love some of that.... Your pictures are goreous,,,,that peach and white strikes my fancy too! I think that would be a good choice in the area of garden where I planted all the daylilies. It could intertwine among the green foilage.

Susybell, I had the same idea....I wanted a bark or pea gravel walkway through the grass with gardens on each side and an arbor at the point with evergreen clemnatis growing over it. There is a 5' fence but you can see some areas from the street because of the slope...I could remedy that with the proper plantings, trees, shrubs, climbers...lol I just need to talk DH into it.

What I hate is everthing goes so dormant here. I have some peiris, a burning bush, a nandina, english boxwood and some ornamental grasses that offer winter color, otherwise that whole area will be naked. Some of the daylilies say they are evergreen, but we will see...

So my thoughts were maybe a winter groundcover or an evergreen one....But as you see I will take any suggestions because I only have knowledge of the flowers I have grown for all these years...Easy ones like daylilies, iris, dinnerplate dahlias, lambs ears, phlox, liatris, you get the picture...

So suggest away for landscape ideas and winter color, I think I will run to the nursery tomorrow and find that verbena. My grandfather grew a bed of nothing but bright red verbena in AZ when I was a child. He took a picture of me squatting in the field looking closely at the bloom. I just have never grown it, but I will now...it brought back a very plesant memory from the early 60's....Thanks

It is pouring here or I would be in the yard, I am hoping it will let up a little and I will put the rain gear on and go out...but I son't want to drown...lol

Well there I go again rambling... lol

Any help will be appreciated....Here is a picture under the apple trees, soon there will be oriental lillies, a centaura family plant coming up, along the fence line are all the dinnerplate dahlias....but there is still to much bark...lol