Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Help does anyone know of an evergreen ground cover that...., 1 by cocoajuno

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cocoajuno

In reply to: Help does anyone know of an evergreen ground cover that....

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help does anyone know of an evergreen ground cover that....
cocoajuno wrote:
Thanks for the responses...If it is evergreen I don't care height or color, I just don't want chokers. My soil is sandy loam, grass doesn't like it but the flowers love it. One of the gardens gets all morning sun and the house shades it by 1;00PM, the others face south and in the winter have all day sun, in the summer a few areas are shaded by the two dwarf apples and the garden shed, but all areas get at least 6 hours of sun. I have never been interested in ground covers but find myself wanting something nice and colorful in the winter too. Or at least some color. I used to only do perennials and am expanding my gardens and my habits...lol I even use some annuals that I love.
I just had back surgery that worked and am going garden crazy because I couldn't do it for so many years. I think that is why I only did perennials. I built 2 new raised garden areas.I just purchased and put in 100+ daylilies, I planted 7 new clematis, I have 35 new iris' coming. I have been to the garden centers and nurseries so often and never come home empty handed.
My husband is starting to put a stop to it because he is afraid I am going to hurt myself or not be able to care for all I am doing, plus it is getting spendy. I told him once they are in and mulched there is only pruning, weeding and cleanup. So my moral is to do what I can now....just in case...lol plus there is nothing better than playing in the soil. Especially since I couldn't do what I wanted to do for 9 years.
I had nice gardens it just took me longer to do them and I had to do it in small spurts. Now I am still out in the gardens until 9:30 PM at least 3 times a week.
Sorry for rambling on, I am just so excited.... I am even going to do seeds which I haven't done for years, because DH is putting a limit on spending now and I can buy more seeds for the buck...lol
Thanks so much for any help....Also I am trying to figure out the trade thing on here. I will catch on soon, I am so new to DG's I am reading and looking all over the place. What a great site!
I attached a picture of one of the new raised areas I put in... the chicken wire is necessary because there are so many feral cats in the neighborhood and there is nothing worse than a handful of cat poo....lol
Oh there I go again....Sorry any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Carla