Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Witch Hazel - How will it grow?, 1 by plymouthgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plymouthgarden

In reply to: Witch Hazel - How will it grow?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Witch Hazel - How will it grow?
plymouthgarden wrote:
Hi Cheryl - Can you post a pic of your Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane' ? I have one!!!

It's one of my favorite things I put in last year. It flowered all winter long....I even brought a small branch in to show the 1st graders where I work - they loved it! Sounds like ours are about the same size - I fell in love with those huge leaves, and when I found out it was called "Diane", that clinched it - that's my mothers name and I'm goofy like that! I love the vase shape of mine - and I'm hoping it will get big and fill in the space.

My Hamamelis is in a very big (30+ feet), semi-shade hill bed - and when I look at the pics I see that I need to plant MORE in there - but there's that money obstacle! I have hosta (I think it's Blue Angel) and Korean Azalea (that a new thing this year - it's supposed to turn orange and red in the fall so I thought that would look nice with the fall colors of the Diane). I also have some Kousa seedlings (volunteers from my neighbors very old Kousas) and fern nearby.

I love the idea of epimedium too...I have some I could move over there....

Would love to see a picture of what yours looks like. I almost don't want to post my pic because this bed looks so bad - but here it is - we need more plants and mulch....this is just one part of this huge bed!

Kara