Northeast Gardening: Help me before I shop again..., 1 by plymouthgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plymouthgarden

Subject: Help me before I shop again...

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help me before I shop again...
plymouthgarden wrote:
Oh - too late. I'm leaving in a minute to go to look for more plants...

I've been on Dave's Garden for a while, but not been very active - finally have some time and would like to introduce myself and say "Hey!" to you other cold-weather-new-england gardeners.

We bought our house 9 yrs ago - it was a clean slate with the exception of poison ivy, 4 rhodies and huge European Beech trees in the backyard. We spend most of our spare time outside, buidling new "garden rooms", dividing, planting, trimming, oohing and ahhing. Have 2 young daughters who are love fairy gardens....the oldest one transplants "baby" volunteer seedlings into her own garden space.

My favorites: petasites, rodgersia, darmera, astilbe, hosta (tons), bleeding heart, rhodies, rhodies, rhodies, spiderwort, joe pye weed, bee balm, bamboo, leucothe, japanese iris, stewartia, (white) red bud, heptacodium, dogwoods (all gifts from my neighbor), hollywood junipers, hinoki cypress, carex ice dance, elephant ear, japanese maples, lots of miscanthus grasses, weigela, buddleia, brugmansia, fern, fern, fern and more hosta - just to name a few!

As you can see, my tastes are very strange!

Here are a few pics - hope everyone is getting outside today - it poured here earlier, but now is gorgeous and sunny - and so many things to plant!

Kara