Wildlife: Heidi: The New Family 07, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi: The New Family 07

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi: The New Family 07
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Ok, I think that as I was in the process of writing the post to explain the problem the solution came to me. (Frequently, at work we've found that the need to think a problem through well enough to describe it to someone else is often all that is needed to reach a solution.)

The plastic furniture will likely blow around, esp since the evening forcast includes thunderstorms. However, I took a quick toor of the garden while it was only sprinkling out there and found 2 chairs (show in pic) that have a surprisingly substantial solid wood frame wrapped with that resin faux wicker. They are less likely to blow over. The seat is large enough to provide some cover for a dish placed under it and high enough to allow them to reach under for the food. Also, while it looks like wicker, the seat actually contains a well concealed, solid wood base that should prevent water from flowing through.

I think I'll place the chairs over the bowls this weekend. The raccoons are getting comfortable enough that I think they will be willing to get past the change in furniture and will be willing to reach under there for their food.