Specialty Gardening: Photos of container gardens, 1 by UniQueTreasures

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UniQueTreasures

In reply to: Photos of container gardens

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Photos of container gardens
UniQueTreasures wrote:
Thank you Pirl. I checked on Amazon this looks like a wonderful book to have. I have at least a dozen gardening books that I don't ever look at. I used to sell books on Amazon and the gardening books were one genre that I kept when I sold over 2500 books. You've inspired me to crack them open to see what I have there. Probably all kinds of ideas right there in my bookcase! HAHAHAHA

When I started doing the gardens in the containers I became a kid in a candy store whenever Connie and I would visit any place that sells plants. I like bold colors the best. I consider them getting the biggest bang for my buck! :-)

This is an awesome thread for ideas. I recently bought 2 heavy duty wrought iron square hanging planters on clearance at Lowe's for $5 each. They need coconut liners. I've been trying to imagine where I will put them and what I'll put in them. I figure with the money I saved on the planters, I can get some really pretty plants to put in them. I don't have much in the way of grasses. Seeing the photo Revclaus posted toward the top of this thread makes me want to try that out. I have some ornamental millet that I started from seed that is still in it's infantile stages. Now would be a great time to plant that. I'm trying to remember how tall it gets.

I love Grammy's tipped over pots. I'm going to be moving a cactus/succulent garden and think when I do, I'll tip some of those containers.

Janet

Perilla 'Magellanica', Tilt-a-whirl coleus, a few other unknown coleus, chartreuse sweet potato vine.

This message was edited May 30, 2007 10:43 AM