Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Gardening with Children?, 1 by soivos

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright soivos

Subject: Gardening with Children?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gardening with Children?
soivos wrote:
Hello all,
I'm new to the forums and wondered if there was a thread or forum focused on gardening with/for children?

Right now we plant a garden for butterfly larvae and we had a nice shady wild grape/wisteria 'bower' that the kids could play in until a neighbor cut it down.

We have several of the 'Square Foot Gardening' beds and the kids get to choose a few vegetables and plants that they tend to, as well as each having a window-box to plant.

That may all change if we end up moving to a house with a larger yard this Summer, and both the kids and I have some ideas, but I also want to see what other suggestions folks might have for kid-friendly garden design. (My 5-year-old wants to plant a circle of what we call 'Pompous' grass and plant a weeping willow in the center!)

So, as I wander through the local forum, please spin me around and point me in the right direction. . . if there is one!

Teresa