Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Gladiolus communis ssp byzantinus, 1 by dmj1218

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dmj1218

In reply to: Gladiolus communis ssp byzantinus

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gladiolus communis ssp byzantinus
dmj1218 wrote:
Not all night--just after midnight and before 5 am--lol
She is 18 and an adult.

Now don't get me wrong--I will pay $25 for a bulb, just not a glad bulb. It would not surprise me if this guy wants that much or more for the Worsleya. I'll try to scan the book pic and send it to you of the Glad (there is also a really nice Tristus right next to it--you will get two for one--lol). If everyone at work didn't have their scanners packed up for summer, I'd dmail it to you. Let me see what I can do at work tomorrow---tomorrow is the last day and I don't have top go back until the 21st of Aug...let me tell you, I am very happy. I just tried my scanner at home--its acting goofy, but I'll play with it later tonight.

Speaking of goofy, my Gladiolus dalenii is growing and standing under its own power--today anyway. It's in a rather weedy (to put it mildly) bed and its behind some heirloom daff's that are going down. That is why I haven't mess with that bed much--although now I should have a little more time to do so. Round aboutly this came thru an IBS friend--its from Tony's stock (thus the link)--he's also IBS member. Supposed to do really well in the deep south but does not bloom here until much later than the hybrids (I have some goofy hybrids from a bag blooming now--nothing special).

http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/05990.ht...