Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Oh yeah!! The Tigers have entered the building, 1 by debnes_dfw_tx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright debnes_dfw_tx

In reply to: Oh yeah!! The Tigers have entered the building

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Oh yeah!! The Tigers have entered the building
debnes_dfw_tx wrote:
You're right Suzy, they visit the Zinnias regularly. Glad you see why I was making such a commotion about this. For many years they have been flying through my yard, only stopping a couple of times. This year I was determined to be armed from the get go, with all I have gathered (learned), and prepared over the years. The nectar plants have been key for TSTs staying for hours in the back yard this year for the first time. And having the cherry tree is icing on the cake! Sooner or later a female was bound to come. Kinda glad she started out slow with only a couple-few eggs.. I will have to keep checking for more I couldn't find yesterday. When these that I have caged hatch, I will know to look again for more cats.
Someone a few blocks over from me has a large Cherry Tree... I didn't know until my mailman told me today. I will have to go look at the tree, and make friends with that neighbor, LOL!

I planted lots of very large White and Red from seed this year:-). They also love the H. Daisies, and the Milkweed blooms.

:-Deb