Hibiscus: Hibiscus help?, 1 by AmandaTaylor7

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AmandaTaylor7

Subject: Hibiscus help?

Forum: Hibiscus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hibiscus help?
AmandaTaylor7 wrote:
I have four huge, blooming and rapidly growing hibiscus in my front yard. We have a new house and just this past week put new sod in our backyard, and planned a few flowerbeds. In one of our beds, a power line is grounded right in the middle. I want to hide that ugly thing, so I purchased 2 more beautiful, lush hibiscus plants from the Houston Garden Center and planted them on either side (knowing of course, that they will cover a good portion of this line by next year). I'm also planning on possibly training an evergreen Wonga Wonga vine to grow up the line as well.

Anyways, I planted these 2 plants in good potting soil with some plant food especially made for Hibiscus (gray pellets, red box, purchased from HGC, smells HORRIBLE) mixed in with the soil. They have been getting watered daily because of the new sod surrounding, and yet the one on the left hasn't flowered since I planted it and both of them are losing leaves quickly and their existing leaves are wilting, very soft and lighter green than before. Help? Anyone? I want to save these plants!!! What should I do? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. There are no visible pests on these plants.