Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: transplant survival, 1 by michaelangelo

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright michaelangelo

In reply to: transplant survival

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of transplant survival
michaelangelo wrote:
It's been about two weeks since the first posting about this tree (also the same time span for its transplant) and I'm hoping to get more opinions about what to do at this point now that a couple of weeks have gone by.

I watered it every day -- to the point where I began to worry that I might be overwatering it, although it's in a place where it's receiving a lot of wind - not necessarily strong wind but constant.

Does anyone have opinions on whether this tree looks like it's dying or maybe just working on its own to recover and just not looking too good. Because the roots where probably cut too short when it was removed for transplant someone suggested, as a last resort, trimming it way down. If I was to do that about how much would you suggest taking, and would I take it all off the top or thin it, so to speak, by removing several of the branches coming from the gorund in their entirety? It's really a beatuiful tree (or was) -- it would be a shame to lose it.

(The detail photo of the leaves has cardboard behind it to make the detail easier to see).