Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

European Gardening: Birds in the garden Part 2., 1 by wallaby1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

In reply to: Birds in the garden Part 2.

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Birds in the garden Part 2.
wallaby1 wrote:
A pair of Doves were sat on the pergola preening and fluffing themselves, while a Thrush made repeat journeys to the hanging baskets which had live fuchsias in leaf in them until the hard mid February frost. I have been wanting to take them down and clean them up as weeds are growing fast, and to see if the fuchsias are growing again but haven't got around to that small job with so may other jobs looming.

The Doves really couldn't understand why the Thrush kept scratching about there, when it could be sunning itself. I wasn't sure either, but convinced myself it must be getting worms in the compost which would have come to the surface with the rain, assuming they eat worms. It took me some time to realize it was more likely the coconut fibres it was getting from behind the plastic lining to make another nest. It's baby is getting well feathered now, yesterday it stood on top of the tall trellis and tried a little yodel, it doesn't seem frightened either so next year it might be a friendly food forager too.

I couldn't stop the camera reflecting in the window, the Thrush to the right on back basket.