Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Container Garden Pests, 1 by BWebster

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BWebster

Subject: Container Garden Pests

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Container Garden Pests
BWebster wrote:
Hello and good morning,

This is my first season as an urban container gardener, with approximately 40 pots of both annuals and perennials. Everything seems to be growing and blooming bountifully. This morning, however, I noticed through the sunrays swirling, floating white (what appears to be) bugs. They are far too small for me to capture and photograph. I can only explain that it looks like white dust or ash or a tiny particulate of some kind that is swirling about in my small space - and they are rather dense. We are having warm to hot Santa Ana winds today, which could be related somehow. If this condition sounds familiar I could certainly use some advise on how best to eradicate the problem (if it is one). Or be pointed to a link for help. Any product suggestions might be helpful too.

This gardening hobby is wonderful and while I'm having very good luck my first year out, I'm too new to understand much about pest control.

One more question - can Neem oil safely be sprayed on annuals and perennials? Just wondering.

Have a good Sunday and thanks.

Bonnie