Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: need id for 3 different amaryllis please??, 1 by silkiechick

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright silkiechick

Subject: need id for 3 different amaryllis please??

Forum: Amaryllis and Hippeastrums

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of need id for 3 different amaryllis please??
silkiechick wrote:
ok i got a bunch of these in a few weeks ago from an awesome trader and these 3 kinds i had bloom. the other like 40 are too young yet so i don't know what they are yet i can't wait!!

i would love to id these if i can since i am working on a hybridizeing project for my gardens. all my other blooming sized are named except these beauties. i can't find any exact pic to these but a few have come close so please give me your best guess because i can't find them anywhere to id myself. they are more gorgous than the pics and all are amaryllis.

thank you for any help, much appreciated!!
silkie

first one is a cream white with a floresent red color stripes and greeninsh white star center. these have shot up 2 stems with 4 and 5 blooms each stem. i believe it is to be 5 but some blooms messed up due to shipping as most had 5. they are about 4"deep with about 5-6" from one side of bloom to the other and self polinateing.