Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: HELP! New nieghboors with big dogs urinating on my plants, 1 by JLD_II

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JLD_II

In reply to: HELP! New nieghboors with big dogs urinating on my plants

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of HELP! New nieghboors with big dogs urinating on my plants
JLD_II wrote:
We've been working with this bloodline for 5 generations on the male side. They are Austrailian Blue Heelers aka Austrailian Cattle Dogs. I know I'm biased but having been around many breeds in my life, these guys are the smartest and the lowest maintenence breed I've ever seen. As a child, My parents bred German Shepards and they are my 2nd favorite except for the occasional hip displasia many large breeds suffer from. We had to put 1 male down when I was you and that left scars on us for many many years. It took 15 years before my Dad got another dog of his own. Now I have them working with Blue Heeler's too;). My niece takes them to 4 H for agility competition and is doing very well. These guy's are also the ultimate frisbee dog, incredible arial acrobats and you can't wear them out. They do have a small downside in the form of being somewhat over protective and some will not tolerate strange dogs well if at all. They're major pack dogs which I think comes from the large amount of Dingo in them. They really need to know their place in the pack(my family) and won't tolerate any violence at all. I can't even wrestle around with my wife or daughter or tickle them w/o the dogs getting in the middle. They make wonderful babysitters too and if you let your child go out around the nieghborhood with 1 of them, you KNOW they will be safe.
LOLOL I could go on and on. Yet another rambling marathon post I'm infamous for;)
Thanks for putting up with me and my babbling.
JD
Here is a picture of my young stud at about 6 months old, He's much thicker now but this picture kind of explains why they call them Blue(a combo of white and a black undercoat).