Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: I don't know what he (or she) is but we hate 'em., 1 by flyboyFL

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright flyboyFL

Subject: I don't know what he (or she) is but we hate 'em.

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I don't know what he (or she) is    but we hate 'em.
flyboyFL wrote:
I found this thread by accident. I went to Bird-Watching, but saw Dave's caveat. He wrote for haters to post on Garden Foes. But this is the closest thread I could find.

Now, I don't know if this is a raven or a crow -- but he (and friends) are a nuisance.

They caw-caw-caw all day long. We came home last evening and spied him on our Persian Lime tree. I suggested that I'd get my BB pistol and scare him away -- but my DDW decided to pick up a stone from our landscaping and throw it at him.

This spooked him and he flew to the adjacent neighbor's roof. She went in, but I watched and waited. Would you believe it -- and I can swear to it.

The varmint swooped down, picked up the stone and carried it up to this wire -- his usual perch. Then, like a bombardier, he dropped it right near my feet. You have to admire his pluck and derring-do.

He is still around -- still caw-caw-cawing -- as you can see.

:)