Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: What's in the wind this week?, 1 by sallyg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sallyg

In reply to: What's in the wind this week?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's in the wind this week?
sallyg wrote:
Hi critter and everybody. Good idea, new thread. I couldn't wait to finish bathroom cleaning, spotty as it is LOL, to make the last easter egg sandwich and sit at the 'puter to check Dave's.(hope the eggs aren't too old -ugh)
Since I couldn't play with the real plants yesterday, without scuba gear on, (Holly!) I cleaned up some of my pictures and journal entries. Ladygardener encouraged me to use the journal and I'm liking it. I finally know how many daffodils I have. 12, or was it thirteen, not counting White Lion which I don't think will bloom anymore. Beautiful but dwindled; maybe if I fertilized more it would persist.
New purchases are so easy to add to journal! put the cultivar into Plantfile search, up pops the page, a t the bottom click add to journal-yay.
Dravencat- going through some of the same here, at-home-mom wise. I'm contemplating going part time for the cafeteria monitor at the elem school. I think they would take me couple days a week which is all I want, to stay 'in' and in the future I will have better access to other positions that open up there. Schools have a variety of odd jobs, aides, assistants, etc. My dream would have me end up at the Outdoor Ed center.
This daff is my newest, dug up from the soon to be bulldozed farm behind me. Its the only worthwhile thing I have found! It is the trashiest place you could imagine. It's not like they just left everything. It's as if they have spent the last twenty years just dropping things wherever they felt like it. It's pretty strange. What's a computer monitor in box doing in a shed? Can't even find an old manure pile, now I imagine they never cleaned a stall, maybe the last few years of few horses there just stayed in the field..?