Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Record low temperatures, 1 by starlight1153

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright starlight1153

In reply to: Record low temperatures

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Record low temperatures
starlight1153 wrote:
Thank you for the advic e on the cardboard. That idea never even crosse d my mind. That what is so great about Dave's. The diversity of people with ideas and sections. Will go today around town here shortly before the storm hits and see what I can find from the stocking departments.

The camera I have only take s 6 pics at a time and then I have to go all the way to the college library to have them . Tried to take a couple of photos from the front door, but it wa s dark and most of them didn't even turn out.

The photo below trying to shoot outside got a ways up the hill so the hail looks very tiny in it. Doesn't show how big it really is. Just kind a shows how think the hail was.

Your right, I ain't takign any more pic s of it. Wa s so heart sick that I couldn't even look at the yard for a whole day. Mother Nature is tough on us sometimes. I ha d just finishe d moving most everythign that wa s in hoop houses out too so that they could get some of what I thought wa s just gonan be rain. While movign things out and straightenign and cleanign up some, I was thinking to myself how nicely things were coming along. Guess I shouldn't have thought.

One thign I am grateful for is the fact that a couple of weeks ago I received as a gift some pieces of a very special shrub. Common shrub to most folks but this had an heirloom history behind it. I hadn't figure d out on just the quite perfect place to place the shrub and honor the lady who had lovingly grew it for so many years, and the person who was kind enough to share it with me, so I had it potted up in big pots and in the hoop house. I was so glad to see it was ok and still blooming its head off. This afternoon it come s back in to the trailer til after the storms. I am guarding that baby for sure.

Thanks for the advice. : )