Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Yard Pics...before I knew about butterflies and after..., 1 by TexasPuddyPrint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TexasPuddyPrint

In reply to: Yard Pics...before I knew about butterflies and after...

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yard Pics...before I knew about butterflies and after...
TexasPuddyPrint wrote:
Hmmm...decided I didn't like the sagos and they served no useful purpose to me or the butterflies. I had them removed. Actually had some man drive all the way from Bastrop to come dig out west side one. It was about six feet tall. Huge bugger. I think he had visions of making some big bucks on selling it. I didn't care...I just wanted it out without having to pay someone to remove it. He dug it up for free and hauled it away. The deal was he had to dig out the other one but he weaseled out. Had to get my brother to bring his tractor over to dig it out.

As you can see in this photo...I know have cannas growing at the end of each side of the driveway - they multiply quickly! Am seriously thinking of removing them and planting duranta, lantana or perhaps blue mistflower bushes...but alas, the Brazilian Skippers just love to munch the canna leaves to shreds :o)

This message was edited Apr 11, 2007 2:05 AM