Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: It's a new week!! What are you up to?, 1 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

Subject: It's a new week!! What are you up to?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of It's a new week!!  What are you up to?
critterologist wrote:
I hope everyone had a joyous Easter weekend!

Warmer weather is on the way again... big sigh of relief. I've just been leaving everything covered up the last few days, but I may pull off the pots and boxes for a few hours this afternoon so the plants get a little sun... might not even have to cover up again tonight, as it looks like the forecast is for above-freezing temps. But just in case, perhaps I'll leave the sheet over the Butterfly J Maple one more night....

I think this will be a good week for tilling and moving rocks around... There's a nearby construction site that I've made 5 after-hours trips to so far with the CR-V. I'm not making a dent in the piles of rocks there, but I'm getting a lot of lovely stepping stones! I'm hoping the next time they shove the piles around I'll be able to find a bunch of the longer, more narrow rocks I like for building low walls and borders.

I am loving my new little electric Mantis, as I think you all know by now. :-) It's easy to control, but it bounces enough that between using it and moving those rocks around I think I'll be building up my biceps pretty well!

What is everyone else up to this week, either in or out of the garden?

This message was edited Apr 9, 2007 9:11 AM