Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I had my Magnolia shoes on today..., 1 by ViburnumValley

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ViburnumValley

In reply to: I had my Magnolia shoes on today...

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I had my Magnolia shoes on today...
ViburnumValley wrote:
Yes, the "later" magnolias had an early cotillion. They came out all tarted up, made their splash, and then got blasted. Doubt there'll be any fruiting structures on any of them.

I got as many pics as I could, but the best show occurred during my week-long illness so I missed a bunch. There's always next year...

As you might imagine, soft brown dishrags hang from most magnolias. I got 21ºF (-6.1ºC) last night, but any color I had left was lost to the 26ºF (-3.3ºC) on Friday night when the viburnums took it on the chin, too. And, we had half an inch of snow Friday afternoon to boot. Temps are now going to be headed back up to seasonal norms by midweek.

So, quitcher b*chhin. Sounds like you'll get to enjoy most of your spring display. AND, how bad can it be to look forward to a visit to the ORV in April? Auslanders usually have to pay for the privilege.

Here was the last 'Joe McDaniel' standing...compare with its happier condition (posted Apr 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM). Notice foliage finely fried.