Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: A Lost Cedar Waxwing need advise, 1 by Sheila_FW

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sheila_FW

Subject: A Lost Cedar Waxwing need advise

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Lost Cedar Waxwing need advise
Sheila_FW wrote:
Hey there birders,
I had a visitor this morning about 10:00am in my neighbors flower bed. I was out working in the bed at the side of the house when something moved. It was a cedar waxwing under a holly bush eating berries from the ground. I went in and got the camera and took several shots. The DH took others, some like this one, very close shots. We walked right up to it, so I thought it might be injured, or stunned from an accident. DH thought it was a Juv. but the book I have shows them as streaked and not a full mask, so it may be a young adult.
Anyway we left it alone all day and really forgot about it almost. But I had a bird feeder near my front door recently and there are seeds still on the concrete there. This afternoon I was out front again and the DH walked out of the garage to talk to me and saw it. We had just seen a cat leave that same area only minutes before when we can home from shopping. So since it hadn't flown away we knew it would be supper if we didn't do something.