Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Velvety pear shaped pods, 1 by andihazelwood

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright andihazelwood

Subject: Velvety pear shaped pods

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Velvety pear shaped pods
andihazelwood wrote:
Greetings! I've checked out DG a few different times and even created a login but then kept forgetting to come back- so much internet, so little time! Anyway, today I finally decided to post for the first time. I'm an American (Californian, to be exact) living in rural Queensland with my Australian husband- we're about an hour south and a bit west of Bundaberg. Nice to meetcha!

I've uploaded a few photos to the Plant Files and will continue to do so - when I know what things are! Which brings me to the subject of my post- does anyone know what this is? I found it growing at a rest stop among the banksias and eucalypts. The pods are velvety and when they split open, two light brown winged seeds are inside. I just planted two seeds today, we'll see what happens. In the meantime if anyone knows what it is I'd love to hear from you!

This will be the first of many plants I'll bug you all about, so thanks in advance for any help you can offer :)

Andi Hazelwood