Northeast Gardening: New member, 1 by ckk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ckk

In reply to: New member

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New member
ckk wrote:
grampapa: At various times, I've had basils (my favorite, too), sages, oreganos, rosemary, thyme, dill, mint, mint, and more mint (did I mention mint?). This year, I'm going to plant my herbs primarily in containers because (1) I'm running out of room in full/mostly sun and (2) I'm starting to encroach on the kids' lawn area (can't wait for those kids to grow up hee hee!). I've got big beds scattered around the yard, but I've earmarked empty areas for other stuff. :-)

I'm really excited about planting chamomile in between my stone paths this year. I realized as I walking in an old farm area over the summer and smelling that wonderful appley smell that it was chamomile! I had never thought of growing it before.

tehegemon: I am also an avid garden photographer, although I concentrate on flowers(see below). I will certainly post pictures as things thaw and grow.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I was getting tired of the glassy eyed looks from my family when I went on and on about this stuff!