Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Looking for info on gardening for Autistic child, 1 by TDGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TDGarden

In reply to: Looking for info on gardening for Autistic child

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Looking for info on gardening for Autistic child
TDGarden wrote:
Hi Kay, You might try the soil-sprouting I do all winter to keep me in salad greens. The greens are ready to harvest in just 7 days. So there is a very short 'season' from planting to harvest. You can see pictures day 1 through 7 at thedailygardener site. The neat thing is that there are small changes everyday and with the seeds on top of the soil you can take a peak everyday just by peeling back the paper cover. I grow Sunflower, Radish, Buckwheat, and Peas. I plant and harvest everyday so that I keep the space and storage needs to a minimum. Of course I just like to play in the soil too, being a gardener give me soil and seeds and I am happy! This started as a winter project and turned out it changed the way I garden, and gave me something to look forward to in October when everything in the garden is almost finished.

I would think it might be something worth trying, so you make sure to ask if you have any questions, or need seed or whatever.