Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Georgia Gardening: SPRING-PLANTING GETTING DIRTY!!!, 1 by mqiq77

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mqiq77

In reply to: SPRING-PLANTING GETTING DIRTY!!!

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of SPRING-PLANTING GETTING DIRTY!!!
mqiq77 wrote:
Beth, I don't use anything but native worms(they came on their own), and they decompose leaves, and chipped up greenery, usually privet, that I run through the schreader, and I have a new batch every 3 Mos., I don't know about anyone else, but I have never turned out compost like that.I also give them my kitchen scraps, and the best investment I have ever made, was 2, 5Gal. buckets, with twist on/off tops, that I got from the local janitorial supply, in whitch I have made an agreement with the local coffee shop, and switch the buckets three times a week, and that adds up to 15gal of coffee grounds per week.With what I have going now is 3 bins, the size of a small picup truck, that regenerates every 3Mos.That is a long way from where I started, and have never bought a worm. To answer your question, yes, I'll be happy to get you a start, and if you give them what they need, you too can be turning out A-1 compost.