Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Delphinium Blues, 1 by wallaby1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

In reply to: Delphinium Blues

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Delphinium Blues
wallaby1 wrote:
This bed was planted in 2000, I put in a King Alfred which gets eaten for a start but manages some spikes, a pink no name which still grows some spikes, I had a Guinevere which dwindled to nearly nothing, I think it manages a little show, another with lilac and blue flowers which I got from a car boot sale, someone had quite a few and this one has remained robust. There is a newer strain called New Zealand Hybrids which are supposed to be longer living, it may be one of those but I really don't know, T&M sell the seeds. I got another dark blue one which was supposed to be named, but it was 3 together and I left them that way, one was dark blue single with a white bee, another a strange lavender colour, and a dirty looking almost black one.

These have crossed with two Fountain Hybrids I bought, a white with black bee and a pale blue with white bee, each year I get a few new plants in the gaps and they are all interesting. In the pic at the front are some of the bought ones, to the back left the two Fountain dwarfs, then around them all self sets.

This message was edited Feb 13, 2007 4:31 PM