Cannas: NEW TO CANNA, 1 by bruntongardens

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bruntongardens

Subject: NEW TO CANNA

Forum: Cannas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of NEW TO CANNA
bruntongardens wrote:
Hello you canna lovers, we have been watching your threads with great interest, and have been amazed by these beautiful lilies, i have been growing lilies, Asiatic and Oriental, but have never tried canna lilies, i have bought my first, seeds Indian shot, we also got a few of a friend, i can tell I'm going to get addicted to these before i start, we live in the Outer Hebrides of the west coast of Scotland, i am at present trying to make a tropical garden here, we open our garden for charities, i was wondering if anybody could give me any good advice on growing and germinating canna, if anybody wants a home for any spare seeds, this gardener would be eternally grateful, but its advice that i'm seeking most of all, if you are going to grow canna, you need to go to the people who can do it best, and that's here on dg's.
Hope that you are all keeping well and warm, kindest regards Peter and Mary-Anne, if you would like to visit my garden, here is a link http://lakesidegardens.spaces.live.com/
Saying as we are so close to valentines day, here is a poem that i have written and had published, for those who are romantically involved. please give to your partner if you like it, from an old romantic on the Hebridean Isles, i have framed it and filled it full of roses for you, gardeners