Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: This just in...guard your Fuchsias from this lithe creature!, 1 by shannon71

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shannon71

Subject: This just in...guard your Fuchsias from this lithe creature!

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of This just in...guard your Fuchsias from this lithe creature!
shannon71 wrote:
I arrived home from work last night to find that my beloved Fuchsia Boliviana had been attacked. (I had brought it in to protect it from the cold...lot of good that did me) My husband took his eyes off Lily (don't let the sweet name fool you) for only a few minutes and she managed to eat every single leaf I had worked so hard nurturing. She did not chew on the stems however and so I am hoping it will survive...any thoughts on how to help it come back?

I had noticed she paid attention to it over the weekend and so strategically built a fortress out of dragon fruit cuttings which are somewhat prickly. (see second pic) If you pull up close on this photo, you can see the damage she did. Her little giraffe neck probably served her purpose well...

Then she proceeded to eat every leaf off my treasured Organic African Blue Basil!
She had a very expensive feast!

Anyone wanting to donate a nice rooted cutting of fuchsias to the cause would be my hero. (of course, SASBE or trade!)

Thanks! And watch out for lithe creatures known as Lily...she can jump well over 6 feet and fit her tiny little body anywhere she smells fuchsias!