Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: New cats to my yard....., 1 by konkreteblond

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright konkreteblond

In reply to: New cats to my yard.....

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New cats to my yard.....
konkreteblond wrote:
That's weird because any time I've grown the C. alata it's always just one trunk, not multiple. The one I have in the house is just one long tall trunk. I wonder if it's the temperature difference? Maybe I even have the name wrong? (it's always been called a Candle tree) I got my first one from a nursery and then the last few years have been from seeds. The seeds take a long time to germinate tho because they always come up late so they really have a pretty short growing season. They are annuals here too. I wonder if they had a longer season if they would start putting up suckers/shoots??

I was trying to find a pic of the largest tree I had, which was 2 years ago, but didn't have one of the trunk. But I did find one that I don't remember having! I think this means my chances of having some Sulphurs this year should be good! I remember looking for cats but never found any. I don't think I knew then that those wasps would eat them.