Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Wandasflowers New HIPS Display Garden!, 1 by Wandasflowers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Wandasflowers

In reply to: Wandasflowers New HIPS Display Garden!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Wandasflowers New HIPS Display Garden!
Wandasflowers wrote:
The first bed is 50 foot long & 15 foot wide with a mixed planting of daylilies, iris, lilies & other perennials. It just looks "all iris" since this is a spring pic and most other things are still short. My iris are on raised mounds with mulch between them & other plants. My souil has a heavy clay base and needs all the help it can get. I don't water and I hate to weed--the wood mulch does the job for me.

The second little bed is along the back of the house and only 4 foot wide at the point the picture is taken. THIS back bed is 50 foot x 20 foot. Again, a mixed perennial bed.

Granny Marsh, you need to join the HIPS club, grow at least 15 historics and apply as a Display Garden. I am one of only 2 in Iowa.

Neil, you are too funny! Actually, friends who picked out iris in May were forced to help dig them in July if they wanted any. I don't know if my hubby would care for house guests THAT long... :)

sempervi--A "Round Up" is an opportunity for DG people to gather, trade plants and put in some "face time" together. Check out the "Round Up Forum" for details. The 2007 Iowa Round up is going to be HERE in Cedar Rapids on May 5! YES! A group of us DGers are putting the plans together right now. YOU and ANY DGer is welcome to our fun weekend. We are planning garden tours, plant swaps, great food & lots more. MY TBs won't be in full bloom that early, but I will have lots of dwarfs & Intermediates blooming with spring bulbs & other plants.